Thursday, April 25, 2024

Inner Beauty: The Beauty that Will never Fade

 

Majestic Morning, Tallianna Martin

Tallianna Martin    

I ran across a quote the other day that spoke great lengths to me. It read, “Flowers are pretty, but so are sunsets, and they look nothing alike.” This quote really got me thinking about how everyone is beautiful in their own individual ways. One’s beauty can be shown through their personality, their looks, or even their habits. Too often though people lose sight of the true meaning of beauty. They get too wrapped up in the materialistic aspects and forget the physical beauty one may possess is only skin deep. On the contrary, inner beauty provides more meaning than any other form of beauty, as it represents the kindness of one’s heart or the purity of their soul.

The only thing that’ll matter when we take our last breath was the heartfelt and genuine influence we bestowed upon others. This comes down to features like one’s personality, attitude, and behavior towards others. With age, physical beauty may fade, but what is far more important is one’s kindness, courage, wisdom, and generosity to others. Many people focus on the qualities they may lack and let this comparison be the thief of their joy. But what they must remember is that one’s imperfections truly make them the beautiful individual they are. With this, some people may appear very happy or successful from the outside, but in reality, may be struggling with the same adversities you are overcoming. We truly only see one side of the story and may never know the whole picture, and this is why you must never judge a book by its cover.

Day to day I come across a wide array of selfless souls. I’ve got an amazing family who is a great support system and is constantly providing me with a shoulder to lean on. As well, I come across many astounding individuals day to day. Whether it be walking the halls of the college and a stranger giving me a simple compliment, or generous donations being given to the college anonymously. As well, I have met some quite remarkable individuals through the years that are willing to walk through fire for others. I am beyond blessed to have crossed paths with these individuals as they have inspired me to build upon my foundations of humanism, goodwill, and compassion.   

No comments:

Post a Comment